Finished while vacationing at the Oregon Coast ... a quilt for my mom! I thought of her the entire time I sewed on this quilt because she loves these colors, and they are found everywhere in my parents' home. I knew I could never sell it because it reminded me so much of her.
- Fabric: All Thimbleberries quilt-shop quality fabrics, quilt top and backing.
- Batting: Warm and Natural 80/20 cotton/poly, thin.
- Quilting: Long-arm quilted on Mrs. Singer using a meandering flower stitch.
- Binding: Thimbleberries fabric, attached by machine for durability with mitered 45-degree corners.
- Size: 46" x 56", small lap quilt.
This is the first time I have ever pieced a multi-fabric backing! I was worried that the stripe wouldn't end up straight when I quilted it on the Mrs. Singer, my long-arm quilting machine, but somehow it ended up just fine. Although with the price of fabric, it really is cheaper to buy extra-wide backing, especially at Fabric.com, which I do for very large quilts.