Friday, May 16, 2014

A Scrumptious Mother's Day Quilt for My Mom



Happy Mother's Day, Mom!
Scrumptious Table Topper
The pattern is Charm Party Baby Quilt found at the Moda Bake Shop.  I love how the half-square triangles are assembled to stay 5", so they are the same size as the charms.  There are leftover smaller half-square triangles, perfect for another quilt top or pillow.  I can easily see this becoming a go-to pattern.  It is especially adorable with four blocks set 2x2, creating a center star, making it look like five stars, not four.  You can see that at the Moda Bake Shop.
Scrumptious Table Topper
The border is a Marmalade print I found while on vacation last month.  It is worth a pretty penny because it is hard to find, but I resisted listing it in my Etsy shop and used it in this project instead.  It blends very well.
Scrumptious Table Topper
Quilt Stats:
  • Pattern:  Charm Party Baby Quilt from Moda Bake Shop
  • Size:  27" square
  • Fabric:  Scrumptious by Bonnie and Camille for Moda, including quilt top, backing, and binding; border is Marmelade; solid is Kona Snow
  • Batting:  Hobbs fusible cotton
  • Quilting:  Allover small stipple in cream thread on Mrs.Bernina, my vintage 830 which was my grandmother's.
  • Value:  Super sweet!
Linking to:
Crazy Mom Quilts



1 comment:

Julie Cefalu said...

Very sweet quilt! I am still in love with that fabric line, too. It's nice to hear that your grandmother's Bernina is still chugging along!
Julie @ The Crafty Quilter