Yesterday I completed a batik table runner as a birthday gift for my father-in-law's wife. The blues are so pretty together!
It's a whopping 66" long which is perfect for their large table.
The pattern is very simple to assemble - it's strips sewn together and then cut at an angle with sashing added.
The Parallels Table Runner Kit is available at Craftsy in three colorways - purple, sand, and teal. The kit includes the pattern and fabric for the quilt top and binding. It is currently on sale during Craftsy's Spring Blowout Sale as is all fabric, quilting kits, and sewing kits!
- Pattern: Parallels by Jinny Beyer
- Size: 14" x 66"
- Fabric/Binding: Malam Batik by Jinny Beyer
- Batting: Fusible 80/20 cotton/poly
- Backing: Navy blue batik from the stash.
- Quilting: Allover small meandering in black thread on Mrs.Bernina, my old 830 which was my grandmother's.
- Value: Heartwarming!
Craftsy has a 21-page eGuide Save Those Scraps! to help you use them up. The eGuide includes ideas on how to sort scraps, display scraps creatively, and use scraps in quilts. There is also a string block tutorial and neat ideas for selvages! Best of all, the eGuide is a free PDF! Oh, how I love Craftsy!