Kite Flight is finished! I added the border to increase it to twin size. There are enough scraps for a standard-sized pillow sham and a small toss pillow. Those are still in the works.
This picture is taken in the afternoon sun and is not edited at all. The quilt really is this bright and cheery! My Friday finishes are rarely done before Friday afternoon, and by then the sun is in front of the quilt on the clothesline, so I couldn't get a shot of the stitching. The quilting is horizontal organic wavy lines in gray thread. After I finish the pillow shams, I'll post them with a close-up of the stitching.
This is one quilt I will for sure wash with Shout Color Catchers before listing for sale in my Etsy shop in order to wash out the extra red to reduce the chances of it bleeding when my customer washes it.
- Pattern: Kite Flight
- Size: Enlarged to 64" x 88", twin, before washing.
- Fabric: Kona Cotton Solids
- Quilting: Organic horizontal wavy lines in gray thread on Mrs.Singer, my antique 31-15 mounted on a long-arm quilting frame.
- Batting: 100% cotton, thin
- Backing: Riley Blake Wideback Medium Chevron in Red
- Binding: Kona Cotton Deep Red, double fold with mitered corners, attached by machine.
Don't forget tomorrow is Yard Sale Saturday! Come buy and sell here at Busy Hands Quilts!