This quilt is one of my Quarter 1 Goals for the 2015 Finish Along. HERE is my original post.
The Rainbow Strip-N-Flip twin quilt is finished! She is so very sweet and adorable. We'd love to keep this quilt, but this one has another home.
Picture overload! I love them all!
My customer chose wool batting because they live in Alaska. I plan to use wool in future quilts for us. It has a higher loft, is so cozy, and is still machine wash/dry. The quilting is more visible with wool batting than it is with cotton because of the higher loft.
I love the whimsy the dots add.
On a twin bed, the white and some of the rainbow will hang over the sides. I like the rainbow running clear to the top and bottom of the quilt.
- Pattern: Strip-N-Flip, a free tutorial by Cluck Cluck Sew.
- Size: Twin, 65" x 87"
- Fabric: Riley Blake strips, white dot, and confetti backing.
- Batting: Quilters Dream Wool
- Quilting: Allover medium meandering stitch in white thread on Mrs.Singer, my antique 31-15 mounted on a long-arm quilting frame.
- Binding: Double fold variegated pink, blue, purple, attached by machine for durability.
- Value: Bright and sweet!