This quilt is one of my Quarter 1 Goals for the 2015 Finish Along. HERE is my original post.
Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt - the Dotted Spotted Version - is finished!
Best use of a clothesline - quilt pictures!
It was a windy photoshoot!
On my daughter's bed.
It matches her room perfectly!
Turquoise backing and binding for pop!
- Pattern: Grand Illusion by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville, 2014 Mystery Quilt Along
- Number of Pieces in Quilt Top: Approx 2800
- Size: Approx 95" square
- Fabric: 100% dotted fabric from a repurposed Craftsy 2013 Block of the Month Kit + a few other dots
- Batting: Quilter's Dream Wool
- Backing: Robert Kaufman Spot On Yardage from Craftsy.
- Quilting: Allover small meandering stitch in white thread on Mrs.Singer, my long-arm quilting machine.
- Binding: Double fold, Spot On, attached by machine.
- Value: Super bubbly!
Craftsy quilt kits are a great way to build your stash even when you don't care for the pattern! It's my favorite way to get my hands on an entire fabric collection plus background fabrics for amazing prices!
My quilt was entry #72 in the original post at the beginning of March, and you can find my March goal post HERE.
~ Let's Bee Social ~ Needle and Thread Thursday ~ Crazy Mom Quilts ~ Fabric Frenzy Friday ~ Link a Finish Friday ~ Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? ~ TGIFF ~ Creative Goodness ~ Too Cute Tuesday ~ Free Motion by the River ~ Sew Cute Tuesday ~ Show and Tell Tuesday ~ Fabric Tuesday ~ Main Crush Mondays ~