I've finished the custom queen-size Postcard From Sweden quilt! I made it in the original colors, following the layout exactly except in the rows I added. It's fantastic! I ♥ ♥ ♥ it, even more than the GRAVITY quilt that's on my bed, which says I love it to the sun and back since I love GRAVITY to the moon and back! Too bad I had to mail it off!
I ♥ using my Accuquilt Go! to cut half-square triangles. I used the 6-inch HST die for this project. To see how little waste there is with this die, view this post. The perfect cuts make block assembly very easy and eliminate the need to trim! I trimmed ZeRo HSTs in this quilt!
Following the original quilt, I quilted organic wavy lines in gray thread. Mrs.Singer does this stitch very well and hums right along. I learned quilting this quilt to stitch right to left exclusively, otherwise Mrs.Singer gets dizzy as she's going backwards and then messes up big time. I put extra tension on the right side and had no problems with stitching all one direction, though I don't think I'd recommend that on a home machine. I thought this stitch would be faster than an allover meandering stitch, but it actually takes longer.
- Pattern: Postcard From Sweden
- Fabric: 100% Kona Cotton Solids
- Size: Queen, approx 95" square.
- Batting: Hobbs 80/20 cotton/poly
- Backing: Kona Cotton Clover
- Quilting: Organic wavy lines in gray thread on Mrs.Singer, my antique 31-15 mounted on a long-arm quilting frame.
- Binding: Kona Cotton Clover, double fold, attached by machine with mitered corners.
- Value: Happiness to the sun and back!
This quilt was a custom order through my Etsy shop. Please contact me if you'd like a similar quilt.