This quilt is one of my Quarter 1 Goals for the 2015 Finish Along. HERE is my original post.
This Simply Happy quilt is finished!
The quilting is in organic wavy lines, which Mrs.Singer neatly completed after I figured out she can only stitch forward, which is right to left for her. This quilt was begun in September, quilted in November, quilting ripped and completed in January! I ripped while listening to A Patriot's History of the United States with my son for US History class.
The backing is a green from the Simply Style line and a large polka dot on dark gray.
I love how the organic wavy quilting shows in this picture. This is the first time I've used the word "organic" regarding my quilting! This picture shows a lot of eggplant which overall is not an accurate picture.
- Pattern: Double Slice Layer Cake by Missouri Star Quilt Co.
- Size: 51" x 64"
- Fabric: Simply Style by V and Co for Moda with Kona Slate
- Batting: Cotton
- Backing: A green coordinate from Simply Style with a large white polka dot on gray.
- Quilting: Organic wavy lines in gray thread.
- Binding: An aqua coordinate from Simply Style with Kona Slate.
Pillow Sham Stats:
- Size: 20" x 26" standard pillow size
- Backing: A green coordinate from Simply Style, envelope opening.
This quilt and sham are for sale in my Etsy shop!
This is my January finish for the 2015 Lovely Year of Finishes hosted by Sew Bittersweet Designs, so I'm linking up there! I linked up this post at the beginning of January.