If you're a new reader, Welcome! I hope you follow via BlogLovin' and come back when you have more time! I love rainbow quilts and also make a lot of custom quilts.
Postcard From Sweden is my entry in the Large Quilt Category. I made it in the original colors, following the layout exactly except in the rows I added. It's fantastic! I ♥ ♥ ♥ it, and it's too bad I had to mail it off!
I ♥ using my Accuquilt Go! to cut half-square triangles. I used the 6-inch HST die for this project. To see how little waste there is with this die, view this post. The perfect cuts make block assembly very easy and eliminate the need to trim! I trimmed ZeRo HSTs in this quilt!
Following the original quilt, I quilted organic wavy lines in gray thread. Mrs.Singer does this stitch very well and hums right along. I learned quilting this quilt to stitch right to left exclusively, otherwise Mrs.Singer gets dizzy as she's going backwards and then messes up big time. I put extra tension on the right side and had no problems with stitching all one direction, though I don't think I'd recommend that on a home machine. I thought this stitch would be faster than an allover meandering stitch, but it actually takes longer.
This quilt was entirely pieced and quilted by me.
My other entry in the Blogger's Quilt Festival is my GRAVITY Quilt in the ROYGBIV category.
- Pattern: Postcard From Sweden
- Fabric: 100% Kona Cotton Solids
- Size: Queen, approx 95" square.
- Batting: Hobbs 80/20 cotton/poly
- Backing: Kona Cotton Clover
- Quilting: Organic wavy lines in gray thread on Mrs.Singer, my antique 31-15 mounted on a long-arm quilting frame.
- Binding: Kona Cotton Clover, double fold, attached by machine with mitered corners.
- Value: Happiness to the sun and back!