ScheduleThe Quilt Along will run from today, Monday, October 10th through December 5th with two weeks between each step.
- Monday, October 10th: Fabric selection
- YOU ARE HERE! Monday, October 24th: Quilt Along begins with sewing strip sets and tubes together and cutting into segments. This is steps 1-8 in the pattern, ending at the top of page 4.
- Monday, November 7th: Assembly of sections and quilt top. This is steps 1-5 on pages 4 and 5 of the pattern, as well as steps 1-4 on pages 6-8.
- Monday, November 21st: Finished quilts!
- Quilt Along ends December 5th with a Finished Quilt Grand Parade!
Here are a few tips.
- Number the strips first. The strips are in order in the kit, but it's still easy to get them out of order without a number written on the back. I use EZ Quilting Pencils.
- Check out my Tips for Piecing Straight Strip Sets Tutorial for help with strip sets.
- Take extra care when ironing to not distort the strips by forcing the edge of the iron into the seam.
- Remember to cut from the left side of the strip set, moving toward the right side with each cut. Now most of you probably already cut left to right, but I am the odd girl out and cut right to left even though I'm right-handed; it's just the way I learned and am comfortable with.
- Keep the tubes in the order they were cut.
You have through Sunday, November 6th to link-up your completed strip sets and tubes in the linky below. A random entrant will receive a PDF quilt pattern from Busy Hands Patterns.
These winners, chosen at random, will receive a PDF quilt pattern from Busy Hands Patterns!
Link up your sewn strip sets and cut tubes. Link-up closes Sunday, November 6th. A random entry will receive a PDF quilt pattern of their choice from Busy Hands Patterns.