The Gratitude quilt pattern is available in the Busy Hands Quilts shop.
Gratitude Quilt Pattern Features
- Includes 8 sizes - Baby, Lap, Small Throw, Throw, Twin, Square Queen, Rectangle Queen, and King
- 2-1/2" strip or scrap friendly
- Strip piecing with 2-1/2" strips
- Includes instructions for using scraps of varying widths
- The 4th pattern in the Donation Quilt Series of patterns
- Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Oh, Those Sweet Fabrics!
The Berry Basket fabric collection by April Rosenthal for Moda Fabrics, and I love it! It's a beautiful collection of large and small florals, berries, plaids, and ditty prints in blueberry navy, cranberry red, aqua, pinks, and creamy white. A real show-stopper grouping of fabrics, that's for sure!
This fabric is from 2023, and I have been hoarding this fabric in my stash for quite some time. The fabric is available right here on Etsy. I used a 2-1/2" jelly roll for the blocks, Tiny Flowers in Blueberry 24152-14 for the Outer Border, and Daisy Dot in Cranberry 24153-12 for the Binding. The background is a Confetti Cotton Bright White, but really should have been Cloud. The lighting played tricks on me when I was selecting the background, but hey, there's no reason to stress about it!
While the Berry Basket fabric is getting harder to find, other Moda fabric designers often use this same aesthetic in their collections; designers such as Camille Roskelley of Thimbleblossoms (formerly of Bonnie and Camille), April Rosenthal, Corey Yoder, Fig Tree & Co, Lella Boutique, Sherri and Chelsi, and others.
Moda fabric collections usually include a lot of prints (30-40), which is really great for easily making a scrappy-looking quilt while using just a single collection where all of the fabrics already coordinate.
Includes 8 Quilt Sizes in All
Once again, you're gonna love that I have done all of the math for you with the 8 sizes that are included. This pattern includes 3 Throw sizes - labeled Lap, Small Throw, and Throw. It also includes 2 Queen sizes to give you the option of making a Square Queen if you don't want a pillow tuck, or a Rectangular Queen with extra length for a pillow tuck. I am all about giving you options here!
Jelly Rolls For Strip Piecing
Previously this year, I wrote the Primrose quilt pattern which is jelly roll friendly, and prior to that it had been quilt awhile since I wrote a jelly roll pattern. I figured it was definitely time to write one to use some of the sweet rolie polies I've had stashed away. A Rolie Polie is a Riley Blake Designs' term for a jelly roll.
You can view all of my 2-1/2" jelly roll strip patterns right here in the shop.
This pattern is written to strip piece the 2-1/2" strips into strip sets and then subcut them into segments. Okay, I heard you saying that three times really fast! The segments are then sewn into the blocks with sashing. Strip piecing speeds up this process, and it seems to make it more accurate since both ends of the segment are cut straight.
A Truly Scrappy Quilt Pattern
Gratitude is what I would call a Truly Scrappy Pattern. You can use any width of strip less than 3", not just 2-1/2" wide scraps, making this the perfect pattern to use your scrap bins. There is a whole section on using your scraps in a variety of strip widths from 1" up to 3". That is the width, and the minimum strip length is 5-1/2".
Honestly, I almost cut the entire Scrappy section out of the pattern because I wasn't sure it really added to the pattern, but The Mister said it adds value to the pattern, so include it. I am glad I did, and if you are a scrappy quilter and will use that section, you can thank The Mister!
Longarm Machine Quilting
The digital longarm design used to quilt the quilt top, batting, and backing together is Flower Spray by Hermione Agee © 2017, digitized by Patricia Ritter, available right here at Intelligent Quilting. This is one of my favorite simple digital quilting designs. Quilted on my Handi Quilter Amara with ProStitcher in white thread.
This quilt was professionally pieced by Kare Ybarra and quilted and bound by me.
Batting is Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 cotton poly.
The Backing fabric is aqua with tiny white flowers, a print from the Berry Basket fabric collection.
The Gratitude quilt pattern is available in the Busy Hands Quilts shop.
Get a Free Quilt Pattern!
Get a free pattern when you sign up to receive the latest info on what's happening in my studio, new quilt patterns, subscriber-only sales and Giveaways, quilty window shopping, and other fun news!





















No comments :
Post a Comment